Cokodeal is connecting trade corridors on the African continent with the rest of the world through its marketplace platform. It is designed to promote goods produced in Africa to customers across borders on the continent and the rest of the global market. Cokodeal serves local manufacturers, farmers, solid mineral miners, craft men/women, and government agencies.Sellers and manufacturing interested in leveraging on the Cokodeal platform to sell their goods online will have to register first on cokodeal.com.
- Cokodeal website is quite mobile-friendly and the page speed is amazing as they seem to open pretty quickly.
- At a glance, the user is easily aware that it is a marketplace for African-made It is unmistakably an African brand on landing on its homepage. It has the potential of strengthening cross-border commerce in Africa even beyond consumer internet technology.
- Frankly, Cokodeal can be epitomized as a moonshot at a very big untapped market.
- The logo seems well thought out- visually pleasing, even as it leaves a lasting impression on the mind.
- The name is also catchy and easily committed to memory as well – smart !
THE NOT SO GOOD
Taking into cognizance the size of the market, it goes without saying that the website could still do with a bit of a facelift;
- The image quality needs to be significantly improved alongside the banners.
- The overall experience seemed hurriedly put together resulting in a number broken links and misplaced UI elements. For example, the drop-down menu below the search bar should have been provisioned to select specific African market (in other words, United Kingdom shouldn’t have appeared there); the Registration button should also be seated close to the Login button.
- I think the theme color should be revisited as it appears to be a tad too bright thereby giving the interface a “faded” feel.
- Given that Cokodeal is a transnational marketplace, there’s the need to show clearly the country where a product is being sold from.
- The logistic process is unclear so they might also want to take a look at that.
Kudos to the minds behind Cokodeal as it brings to light a market that is untapped and potentially very rewarding. This is what my concept for “Mall for Africa” would have looked liked as it convincingly presents a unique selling point and no doubt gives great exposure to African manufacturers and producers.
Till next time!