In line with its mission to foster technology innovation and entrepreneurship across the Niger Delta, Port Harcourt’s first tech hub, Focus Hub has come up with a new initiative for aspiring technological experts known as the Focus Hub Disruptive ICT Training Programme. This program aims to train and re-train IT inclined minds with a personal drive for success in the field of IT regardless of their backgrounds; keeping them informed and updated on the current trends and practices in the field of information technology.
It is observed that the demand for requisite skills in information technology for potential startups personnel is on the increase. It has also been identified that there’s a wide skills gap between the roles, and the potential employees. This has in a way hampered business development and left some challenges that can be tackled through information technology seem elusive; therefore, the need for expediency in closing these gaps by encouraging the willing hands to acquire the requisite skills.
Categories of interest include:
- Graphics Design
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Software Development
- Mobile Application Development
- Database Design, Administration and Management
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Indesign
- PHP, PYTHON, C++, RUBY ON RAILS, JAVA
- PHP FRAMEWORKS (YII, CODEIGNITER, CAKEPHP AND LARAVEL)
- PYTHON FRAMEWORKS (DJANGO AND FLASK) E.T.C
Mode of Training
The training would be on a self-taught basis, as it is to encourage and motivate trainees that have some level of exposures to IT but wants to gain great skills depth which will position them for job opportunities in companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft, IBM and so many others. Milestones to cover on a weekly basis are set based on a course module and a joint review with a resource person is done at the end of the set time for the completion of the milestone.
- Must be resident in Port Harcourt
- Open to technology enthusiasts, beginner/intermediate level developers, graphics artists, IT students freelancers and corps members.
- Must have basic exposure and knowledge of IT packages
How Can You Apply
Simply fill out the forms on the Google link provided here; once you do this, a mail will be sent to you with date, time and venue for a pre-admission test. Those who make the cut will then be notified via email.