Tech Lab Africa an initiative of RISE AFRICA in conjunction with Barclays Africa is poised to set early and growth-stage companies on the right path to success. The program will focus on the acceleration of health and fintech startups in Africa. The program which will last for 13 weeks will see applicants from all over Africa competing for the 8-10 slots that would be made available.
One of the main goals of this program is to attract and support the most innovative and disruptive startup ventures that will together, create a physical and virtual network of startups, and innovators that will help proffer solutions that will benefit customers.
Successful applicants will see their ventures being catapulted by Tech Lab Africa via exposure to subject matter experts, engagement with local and international mentors, senior Barclays Africa executives and industry leaders. Tech Lab Africa will also put together a portfolio of businesses that Barclays Africa can further support during their growth journey.
To apply, startups must meet the following criteria:
• Venture proposition should address or solve existing challenges in the relevant sector or create opportunities in previously unchartered areas
• At a minimum, the ventures must have a working prototype
• Evidence of market traction is preferable
• Preference to revenue generating ventures will be given
• Core management team must be present at the RISE Cape Town site for the duration of the program
• Venture team must commit to mentoring for the duration of the program
Application has begun and will end on 3rd August 2015. Please follow the link for more information http://techlabafrica.com/.